Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These tender pancakes are great for leisurely mornings when you don't need to rush. They are light, fluffy, and fabulous.
- Place the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and stir them together.
- Place the flaxseeds in a dry blender and grind them into a powder.
- Add the water and blend until a gummy mixture is achieved, about 30 seconds.
- Add the milk, oil, sugar, and vanilla extract and process until frothy and well blended, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour into the flour mixture and mix well until everything is just moistened.
- Coat a skillet or griddle with a little canola oil, and heat it over medium-high.
- Spoon the batter into the hot skillet using about 2 tablespoons for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles pop through the top of the pancakes and the bottoms are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the pancakes over and cook until they are golden and cooked through, about 1 minute longer.
These pancakes were very quick to make and delicious. They are nice and fluffy and thick - just the way I like them. I used cooking spray instead of oil, so they did stick a bit, but not bad at all. Half way through I added some cinnamon to the batter which was nice too. Thanks for a yummy, healthy pancake recipe!
Tasty and easy to make. They were a bit thicker than other pancakes, almost biscuit like, but I liked that. Topped with a home made applesauce and it was great that way. Made 8 small pancakes which was perfect for the two of us. Thanks for sharing- we'll be making it again.