Recipe by Kat's Mom
UC Berkley Wellness Letter: "Flaxseed oil is heart-healthy because it contains alpha-linolenic acid. Flaxseed itself (ground or whole) also contains lignans, which may have antioxidant actions and may help protect against certain cancers, though this is far from certain." This sounds like an easy way to incorporate flaxseed into your diet. Found on www.raleys.com.
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind whole flax seed to a powder in a blender.
- Place in a resealable container.
- Add cinnamon and cardamom; mix together.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, sprinkle over breakfast toast, yogurt, cereal or oatmeal or add to morning beverages.