Recipe by Chef Pigtails
Easy to make and delicious. Note: Granulated sugar is supposed to be 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons but the format wouldn't allow me to add the extra bit.
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 dash clove (to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup milled flax seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 -2 tablespoon wheat germ (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix.
- Mix in a separate bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, wheat germ (optional), cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Add mixed dry ingredients to butter/sugar/egg/vanilla and mix.
- Stir in oats and flax seed until moist dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips (optional).
- Cook on greased cookie sheet in 1 inch balls (use cooled tablespoon or ice cream scoop to place on sheet) 10-15 minutes at 350ºF (adjust cooking time as necessary for cookie moistness and oven strength).