Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy low carb (only 3 net) muffins for those on Atkins...
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 cups flax seeds
- 1 cup whey or 1 cup protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together and bake in muffin tin for 15- 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Can add other extracts or flavorings to taste.
There's a basis for a good muffin here, but the flax seeds MUST be ground up, or you will miss out on the wonderful flax nutrients. Also, as the previous reviewer stated, the texture is strange. Please grind the flax seeds and you will see a big difference in the quality of this muffin.
I just couldn't warm up to the taste of these muffins. Although I like flax seeds, there were simply far too many in these-the muffin didn't even hold together. I did like the taste of these, however, and will try to use it again with a few adjustments (perhaps 1 cup of seeds rather than three).