Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthier option to "breading"
- 3 fish fillets
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 3 limes, juice of
- 6 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, steamed
- Marinate the fish with the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Batter the egg with the oil.
- Pass the fish through the egg and then through the milled flax seed, until it is well coated with it.
- Cook on both sides at low flame.
- Serve immediately when they are crispy, add the side dishes of broccoli and brown rice.
So excited to have fish fingers again! Candidiasis makes it hard to have anything breaded...actually, it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to have anything breaded--until now! Love flax and all its benefits. Thanks so much!