Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this on a Cross Fit nutritional forum haven't tried it yet looking forward to.
Make and share this Flax Seed Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup honey
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (2/3 cup)
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Take some of the butter and lightly coat a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish.In one large bowl, mix together flax meal, salt, buckwheat flour and walnuts. Beat eggs in a separate large bowl.Place chopped chocolate in a third glass or metal bowl over boiling water to melt. When chocolate is roughly half melted, add honey, cocoa powder, butter, and vanilla and continue to slowly stir until all of the chocolate is melted. Remove chocolate from heat and pour half into the beaten eggs while stirring the eggs to temper them. Once this is fully mixed, add the rest of the chocolate to the eggs and continue to stir until a smooth consistency. Pour the new chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.once the batter is fully mixed you want to have it in the oven within the next 3 minutes. Dissolve the baking soda in the 2 tbsp of water and pour over the brownie batter. Quickly stir and spread out batter in the prepared baking dish.
EXCELLENT!! I was on a flax kick today, wanted brownies & found this recipe. It is spectacular! I used butter, sugar instead of honey, valrhona cocoa & dark chocolate that KiwiDutch brought me from the Netherlands. ;) They are perfect - gooey, chocolately and omg, just sooo good. This is THE brownie recipe I've been looking for. Thank you!
Great gluten free brownies! I used olive oil instead of butter and dark chocolate only, and it turned out perfect. Moist and chewy, and you neither taste the buckwheat nor the flax seed flour nor the olive oil. I let DH try and he couldn't tell what it was made from either. Baking time was 25 minutes exactly. Thakns for posting this, Jon! Made for PAC fall 2009. Unluckily my camera is quite aged, and when the battery is going to faint, the photos turn out quite misty.