1/6 Photos of Flax Seed Bread (Bread Machine)
3 hrs 15 mins
I saw flax seed at the grocery and bought it without any idea of what to do with it. I found out that flax seed contributes fiber and omega-3s to the diet. Even better, it made this delightful, speckled loaf with a nutty flavor. Wonderful as is or toasted.
My Private Note
1 1/2 l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ingredients in your bread machine as directed by your manufacturer.
- 2Set to dough cycle. Check the consistency after about 10 minutes - if it looks dry, add a little more water.
- 3After initial rise, remove, shape in a large round loaf (or whatever you like), let rise again on a cornmeal dusted baking pan.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 deg. If desired, brush loaf with an egg wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbl. cold water). Slash loaf with sharp knife. Place in oven. After 15 min., reduce temperature to 350 deg.
- 5Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until loaf is done - an instant thermometer should read 205 deg.
- 6Turn onto cooling rack and let cool.
- 7Note: If using flax seed, 2/3 cups seed will grind into 1 cup flax meal.
- 8Note2: If using egg wash, you may also sprinkle loaf with whole flax or poppy seeds.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flax Seed Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (863 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2226.4
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1218.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 359.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 56.9 g
- Sugars 54.7 g
- Protein 66.6 g