Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this recipe from the flax seed website and it has become my favorite multigrain bread machine recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄3 cup flax seed
- 2 cups whole wheat bread machine flour
- 1 cup white bread machine flour (or you can use all whole wheat flour if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order given.
- If you use all whole wheat flour the bread will have a slightly denser texture, but it is still very nice.
I tried three times and it didn't turn out any of the three. I kept changing it thinking I was doing something wrong and I am giving up. Sorry
I made this exactly as written. It is a nice bread; not heavy at all. Equally good for sandwiches or just toasted with butter. UPDATE: I just wanted to add that I keep coming back to this recipe often. My kids LOVE this toasted with butter for breakfast, and I enjoy it with meals or as a snack dipped in some olive oil. This is really a wonderful and healthy bread.
I followed the recipe exactly, except I substituted one tablespoon of sunflower seeds for one tablespoon of pine nuts (chopped), but the bread turned out way too "doughy". I could taste the dough for some reason, and I can't imagine it would be due to the pine nuts. Too bad, I was really expecting to like this.