Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This great tasting recipe is very healthy. It is low fat as well as being full of fibre. I love muffins but the ones you buy are so full of calories that I stay away, With this recipe you can have a muffin waiting for you in the freezer anytime. Enjoy!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup egg, beater
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Spray muffin tins with Pam.
- In bowl stir together All Bran and milk; let soak 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine flour,flax seed,brown sugar blend,baking soda, baking powder, salt,raisins and cinnamon.
- Add Egg Beater, canola oil and vanilla to the All Bran.
- Gently stir in dry flour mixture with the wet ingredients.
- Add cranberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tips.
- Sprinkle each muffin with Splenda.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Tip: I use an ice cream scoop to make my muffins; makes it so much neater.
I enjoyed the cranberries in this muffin. My mix was very thick also which made them a dryer muffin. I use the ice cream scoop like you said and it worked perfect!! I was able to make 12 uniform muffins. Made this for *ZWT4* 2008 for the *Eastern Europe Bread and Bakery Challenge* . I'm playing on the team *Tastebud Tickling Travelers* Got to love ZWT4! Thank you for posting.
This is a must make recipe - and instead of using the splenda I went natural and added 1/2 cup od no sugar apple sauce and reduced teh milk to 3/4 cup - what a fabulous breakfast bread - this is a must make
In one word. . .addicting! I LOVE the cranberries. Fantastic recipe which I will make time and time again. Had to add an extra 1/4 cup milk at end because it was like cookie dough (probably my fault because I let the cereal/milk sit longer than 5 minutes). Mixed in 1/2 cup of pecans which were great. Cooking times were much less for me (used those flimsy silicone pans or whatever they are), so baked mini muffins 9 minutes and reg size 15 min.