Recipe by Grubbyknees
Oatmeal cookies kicked up a notch with flax to make them healthier and kinder for those watching their weight or their cholesterol.
- 1 1⁄3 cups margarine
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 1⁄3 cups flax seed meal
- 3 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, Splenda, and brown sugar.
- Add the flax meal and mix.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla.
- Add to the flax mixture and mix together.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda in another bowl.
- Add the oatmeal, cinnamon, ginger, and nuts, and stir with the flour.
- Combine with the flax mixture.
- Form into approximately 1 tablespoon size balls.
- Flatten on a baking sheet and press sugar into the top.
- Bake approximately 10-15 minutes. until slightly brown.
- Cool on wire racks.