Recipe by JMigs;0)
A recipe I found on www.Hy-Vee.com I wanted to make oatmeal cookies with flax meal. You can grind your own flax meal or find it already grounded (such as Bob's Red Mill brand). I use a cookie-dough scooper (like an ice-cream scooper but alot smaller) instead of rolling the dough into 1" balls, alot faster and easier.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats, preferably whole and not instant
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups almonds or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- *Either use purchased milled flaxseed (flax meal), or grind whole flaxseed in a coffee grinder to a granular, free-flowing meal. You can purchase this at healthfood stores or healthfood sections at some grocery stores.
- Cream margarine (or butter), white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oats, milled flaxseed, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir into creamed mixture.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips, mix until blended.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 - 12 minutes.