Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Delicious muffins. Great for breakfast on the run.
- 1 cup Fiber One cereal
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup ground flax seed
- 3⁄4 cup apple, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Crush cereal with a rolling pin. Mix with milk and let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, flax meal, brown sugar, carrot, sugar, coconut, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in apple.
- Beat eggs. Stir in vanilla.
- Stir oil into cereal mixture. Stir egg mixture into cereal mixture.
- Stir in dry mixture, just until combined.
- Spoon into a gresed or paper cup lined 12-cup muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 22 minutes or until done. Immediately remove from pan.
Very good muffins - healthy and flavorful. The texture is nice too! My daughter and I made together so it didn't take too much time. Thanks for posting!
These were absolutely wonderful. I used zucchini instead of carrots because that's what I had and I also added chocolate chips instead of raisins. Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for the very healthy recipe