Prep 3 mins
Cook 18 mins
Crispy crust, low in carbs and soy-free.
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal ("golden" flaxmeal recommended)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Nu-salt
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients, then add egg, water, and oil.
- Spread batter on a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or until top is dry and bottom is crispy. Flip crust over and bake an additional 5 minutes or so.
- Crust can be made even more crispy by heating in a pan on the stovetop after baking.
- Transfer to cookie sheet (minus silicone mat).
- Top crust with sauce, cheese, and favorite toppings.
- Bake until cheese is melted. Broil to brown cheese and crisp pepperoni.