Recipe by mdizzle
Really yummy, and way less expensive than buying it in the store. I was looking for a recipe with less oil, and the fruit juices add awesome flavour. Try adding whatever nuts & dried fruit you like, I almost never make this recipe the same way twice. I got the basic recipe from myrecipes.com but made a few tweaks to my liking.
- 4 cups oats
- 2 cups puffed wheat cereal
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup bran flakes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups tropical fruit juice
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup craisins
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Remove from heat; stir in honey. Slowly pour juice mixture and oil over oat mixture, tossing to coat.
- Spread oat mixture evenly onto two baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently (keep an eye on it while cooking, the sugars in the juice cause it to brown really quickly).
- Cool slightly; add apricots and craisins. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container.