Recipe by Sharon123
Flax seeds can be found in some grocery stores and health food stores. They work great in pancakes, breads, and other baked goods. Three tbls. flax eggs equals 1 egg. Adapted from The Garden of Vegan cookbook.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Ive been using this technique very successfully for quite a while and it really works! If you lightly heat the mixture, it gels even better. I never knew you could make more than one "egg" at a time so thank you for sharing that here! Made and reviewed for my chosen chef during Veggie Swap #49 August 2012.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, blend the seeds until they have an even consistency.
- Slowly start adding the water while blending.
- Continue blending until the mixture becomes thick.
- Transfer to an air-tight container. It will keep refiegerated for 3-6 days. Makes 6 "eggs".
- Note: Note:.
- For one "egg", use 1 tbls. flax seed to 3 tbls. water. :).