Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Flax seeds can be found in some grocery stores and health food stores. They work great in pancakes, breads, and other baked goods. Three tbls. flax eggs equals 1 egg. Adapted from The Garden of Vegan cookbook.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the seeds until they have an even consistency.
- Slowly start adding the water while blending.
- Continue blending until the mixture becomes thick.
- Transfer to an air-tight container. It will keep refiegerated for 3-6 days. Makes 6 "eggs".
- Note: Note:.
- For one "egg", use 1 tbls. flax seed to 3 tbls. water. :).
Ive been using this technique very successfully for quite a while and it really works! If you lightly heat the mixture, it gels even better. I never knew you could make more than one "egg" at a time so thank you for sharing that here! Made and reviewed for my chosen chef during Veggie Swap #49 August 2012.