Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from the Red Mill site. I'm posting this here so I can make it often.
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached white flour
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 -3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven at 350°F
- Grease a 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch bread pan; set aside.
- Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and oil.
- Add dry ingredients and mashed bananas alternately to egg and oil mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter in loaf pan. Pat down firmly into batter or swirl topping into batter with knife.
- Bake 55-60 minutes.
Just made this recipe, half-batch. I added a little more BP and BS, just to bump up the volume a bit, and skipped the topping entirely. I'm afraid I'll never make another batch of BB as good as long as I live. It was perfect, absolutely perfect. Moist, dense, flavourful: Perfect. Thanks for the recipe. I'll be trying it again, as soon as possible.
Followed the recipe ony substituting the canola oil - for 1/2 applesauce and 1/2 olive oil - made mini muffins and mini loafs -- they were perfect!!!
I've made this banana bread over and over again, and the raves keep on coming! Thanks for sharing this recipe Chia...it is awesome!!!