Adapted from the Red Mill site. I'm posting this here so I can make it often.
Make and share this Flax Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven at 350°F
- Grease a 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch bread pan; set aside.
- Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and oil.
- Add dry ingredients and mashed bananas alternately to egg and oil mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter in loaf pan. Pat down firmly into batter or swirl topping into batter with knife.
- Bake 55-60 minutes.
Followed the recipe ony substituting the canola oil - for 1/2 applesauce and 1/2 olive oil - made mini muffins and mini loafs -- they were perfect!!!
I've made this banana bread over and over again, and the raves keep on coming! Thanks for sharing this recipe Chia...it is awesome!!!
This was a great bread. The batter comes out real thick but it prevents the topping from sinking into the batter, creating a nice crusty- cinnamony-nutty topping. I loved the addition of brown sugar. Thanks for sharing.