Recipe by Naturalbeauty
This is a recipe for those who need a healthier alternative to traditional banana bread. The sugar is replaced with Spenda Brown Sugar, and the oil needed is replaced with Hodgson Mills milled flax seed.
Top Review by lltoogood
I needed to change some things, due to what was in my cabinet. I used dark brown sugar(had)instead of Splenda.Also used stone ground whole wheat flour ground my flax seeds in a blender and baked in my 12 muffin in silicone tray.It's crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.Delicious!!
- 2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup hodgson mills ground flax seeds
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 overripe bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash bananas and mix with other ingredients.
- Pour batter 3/4 full into muffin or loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes for muffins and/or 50 minutes for loaf pans. Due to differences in ovens and elevations check bread with a toothpick periodically after approx 35 minutes. When toothpick comes out clean, bread is done.