Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This quick and nourishing vegetable soup can be prepared in 15 minutes or less and is oh so healthy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 cups frozen vegetables, such as mixed carrots, peas, corn or 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables, of your choice
- 4 -6 tablespoons freshly ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives or 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Heat butter in a pot then saute onion until transparent.
- Add water then bring to a boil.
- In this order, add: miso, bouillon, vegetables.
- Once vegetables are to desired consistency, add the flax meal. After adding flax meal, boil for only one minute then remove from heat and add chives (or parsley) before serving.