Recipe by Petite Mommy
This is the recipe you've been looking for! It makes a perfect sesame chicken. This excellent recipe comes out perfect every time with little fuss and inexpensive ingredients you probably have on hand. This recipe is truly restaurant quality... try it, you won't be disappointed! (Recipe courtesy of "Reykjaviky" at All Recipes)
Top Review by likeithot
This was GREAT! However, DO add 1/4 tsp onion powder and 1/8 tsp of garlic powder to the sauce. Other reviewers said they thought that something was missing and I think that was it. Thank you so much for this recipe, I've tried other highly rated chinese recipes from this site with huge disappointment. This was delicious and my kids and DH actually ate it all!
- 3 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml light soy sauce
- 14.79 ml cooking wine or 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 0.19 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml water
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 28.39-59.14 ml white vinegar (depending on how sweet you want the sauce) or 28.39-59.14 ml rice wine vinegar (depending on how sweet you want the sauce)
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml sugar (we use 1/2 cup sugar but the orginal recipe called for 1 cup)
- 29.58 ml dark soy sauce
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml chili paste (or more)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- peanut oil (3 1/2-4 cups)
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Mix the marinade ingredients (the first 9 ingredients listed) and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce:.
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Turn the heat down to low and keep warm while you are deep-frying the chicken.
- To deep-fry the chicken:.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and then place chicken in warm oven (130 degrees) while you continue frying. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken. Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil.
- Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve the Sesame Chicken with rice.