This is a healthy way to prepare chicken without losing a lot of flavour. You can use the exact same recipe and technique with turkey breasts, salmon fillets, etc. The measurements for the flavourings inside are approximate - adjust to your own taste. Wrapping the chicken breasts in cling film prevents the flavours and seasonings from being washed away.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open up the chicken breast by cutting a pocket in the underside of the breast.
- 2Stuff the pocket with ginger, garlic lemon zest, chilli flakes, salt, pepper and thyme.
- 3Season the top side of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper as well.
- 4Wrap the chicken breasts tightly in cling film and then steam them for about 25 minutes.
- 5To check whether the breasts are cooked you need to unwrap one and make a cut into the underside of the breast to check that the meat is cooked through. If not, re-wrap and put back into the steamer for another 10 minutes or so.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavourful Steamed Chicken Breasts (Or Turkey, or Salmon...)
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.7
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 685.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 30.8 g