Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a healthy way to prepare chicken without losing a lot of flavour. You can use the exact same recipe and technique with turkey breasts, salmon fillets, etc. The measurements for the flavourings inside are approximate - adjust to your own taste. Wrapping the chicken breasts in cling film prevents the flavours and seasonings from being washed away.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- Open up the chicken breast by cutting a pocket in the underside of the breast.
- Stuff the pocket with ginger, garlic lemon zest, chilli flakes, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Season the top side of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper as well.
- Wrap the chicken breasts tightly in cling film and then steam them for about 25 minutes.
- To check whether the breasts are cooked you need to unwrap one and make a cut into the underside of the breast to check that the meat is cooked through. If not, re-wrap and put back into the steamer for another 10 minutes or so.