Recipe by Ladymedic
I wanted to make Beef Stroganoff but every recipe I food was very bland looking and i can't eat mushrooms to boot! I can up with this and my finace and I loved it. Putting it here for safe keeping!
- 2 lbs beef, stirfry strips
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 21 ounces beef consomme
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour in bag with salt and pepper. Add beef strips and toss to coat.
- Add half of olive oil to hot pot and fry strips in batches.
- Remove beef strips when browned and put to side. Repeat with remaining beef and oil.
- Remove all strips and fry onions in the same pan. When brown add left over flour from bag and cook one minute.
- Add consume and other sauces up to hot sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer if sauce gets too thick add up to 1/2c water as needed but should be fairly thick after 30 minutes.
- In seperate pan cook mushrooms in olive oil and butter and crushed garlic. When almost done splash mushrooms with soy sauce.
- Stir sour cream into beef mixture and warm threw. Serve over rice or noodles and top with mushrooms (if you must!).