I get perfect rice every time with this Recipe. Taught to me by an Indian Teacher at her Indian Cooking Class. Boiled rice with spices and ingredients to add flavour. The flavour is spicy but not hot spicy
My Private Note
cup of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash Rice in a bowl several times until the water is no longer starchy.
- 2Heat up the butter in a medium size pot.
- 3Add Onion & Stir through washed Rice quickly (just so that they are coated with Butter).
- 4Add Water.
- 5For the perfect amount of water for cooking time, put water into pot with rice and use your middle finger, rest the tip of the finger on top of rice (not bottom of pot) and stop water level once it reaches the first crease/part the finger e.g. the whole tip of finger.
- 6Add spices.
- 7Bring to the boil, stir thoroughly.
- 8Do not boil for long just bring to the boil then reduce heat.
- 9Reduce heat to simmer and put lid on the rice.
- 10Keep on low heat until all the water has evaporated.
- 11Remove spices and serve.
- 12Cooking time is approximate and depending on how much rice you are cooking, but is very quick to make.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavoured Rice
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 24.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: