Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I am a big fan of meatloaf and I enjoyed this one very much! I thought the spices worked wonderfully and I loved the flavor of the sun-dried tomatoes. This was a very moist meatloaf and this one didn't have the rubbery texture that turkey often has. I ended up not making the gravy this time, as I had a mushroom/marsala sauce on hand. I cooked until 160 degrees. Thanks picholine for posting. I'll be making this one again.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce or 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mixed mushrooms, undrained (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine turkey, salt, sage, thyme and oregano.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Put it in a loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, till the top edges are nicely browned.
- For optional gravy, combine stock, wine and tomato paste. Set aside. Cook butter and flour over low heat until it forms a paste. Raise the heat to medium and add the stock mixture, stirring frequently until it boils and thickens. Cook for about three minutes.