1/2 Photos of Flavorful Tuna Patties With Dill Sauce
Not many entrees are normally made from canned tuna except those tuna casserole recipes which have been around for ages. I thought that making moist, flavorful Tuna Patties topped with a creamy dilled sauce would make a nice entree change of pace. The various vegetables not only add something new to the tuna, but add wonderful flavor and texture as well. Most of the items you probably have in your panty and fridge on a regular basis. IMPORTANT--Do not add salt until the patties sauce are finished and tasted. The tuna and mayonnaise already have added salt and there is danger of it becoming too salty if additional salt is added prior to cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons dill pickles, finely chopped sliced
- 1 tablespoon dry dill weed
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (5 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) can albacore tuna, not drained
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives, finely chopped
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- 1Dill Sauce.
- 2Place in a small bowl the 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- 3Add the 4 Tablespoons finely chopped sliced dill pickles, the 1 Tablespoon dry dill weed, the juice of 1/2 of the lime, and the 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 4Refrigerate until Patties are cooked.
- 6Saute the finely chopped onion and mushrooms in small amount of olive oil until brown and carmelized.
- 7Remove sauteed onion and mushrooms and set aside to cool.
- 8In a mixing bowl add the 2 cans of drained chunk light tuna, the UNDRAINED can of albacore tuna, the 2 well beaten eggs, the 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, the juice of half of the lime, the 1 1/2 Tablespoon of finely chopped green pepper, the 3 Tablespoons of finely chopped celery, the 1/4 cup of unseasoned bread crumbs, and the 1/4 cup mayonnaise, mix well.
- 9Add the cooled sauteed onion and mushroom to other ingredients.
- 10In a large frying pan, melt the 4-5 Tablespoons of butter until med hot.
- 11Place 1/2 cup mounds in the hot butter gently pressing down with the back of a spoon until you have 6 large patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- 12Cook over medium heat being careful not to turn them over until the patties are brown on the bottom side.
- 13After the patties are nicely brown remove from and serve with the Dill Sauce.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavorful Tuna Patties With Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.0
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 955.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: