1/2 Photos of Flavorful Sausage Gravy and Biscuits for a Cold Morning
Posting here for “Annie”. I don’t use anything but Hot breakfast sausage, (Jimmy Dean’s but I’m sure there are others out there), for the Sausage Gravy. Great flavor, just enough heat and the kids (even the big one) milled it. LOL. Note: Prep time does not include making the biscuits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned and cooked through, crumbling and breaking it up as it cooks.
- 2Sprinkle flour over the sausage and drippings and stir until all flour is dissolved and incorporated. Cook for a minute or two longer.
- 3Slowly stir in milk, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat until thick and bubbly. **Note** If the gravy is too thick for you at this point you can add more milk in 1/8 cup increments.
- 4Remove from heat. Taste gravy and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- 5Serve over hot biscuits that have been split open on the plate.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavorful Sausage Gravy and Biscuits for a Cold Morning
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1070.7
- Calories from Fat 610
- Total Fat 67.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 3025.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 45.4 g