1 hr 10 mins
My recent kitchen fire has caused me to become much more creative with my cooking. After a few weeks of grill and crock-pot recipes, I discovered I had a fondue pot! I also discovered that fondue cooking is an art, an adventure. Following is my attempt to recreate what I consider to be one of my fav's that will be made again and again! I've also found that this gets better with age. Freeze leftover broth, your next batch will be even more flavorful! Hope you enjoy as much as I did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 ml red wine
- 2 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 4 dried tomatoes, chopped (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon onion paste, fried (available at Asian markets)
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 -4 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms (or other flavorful mushrooms)
- 1 red potatoes, big dice
- 1Mix all ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Strain into lit fondue pot and bring to high simmer.
- 2I've so far tried beef, veges and shrimp, shrimp being my fav in this broth. I also don't add salt, but you may prefer to add.
- 3Serve with any of the great fondue dippers found on Zaar -- I like horseradish and wasabi sauces. Sriracha sauce is personal favorite.
- 4Possible additions:.
- 5For beef, 1T Worcestershire sauce.
- 6For chicken/shrimp, sliced fresh ginger and 1T soy sauce.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavorful Fondue Broth
Serving Size: 1 (1696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.3
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 1459.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: