Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Many various spices enhance this flavorful chili. Great served with warm cornbread.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 (29 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- Brown ground beef, onions, and celery in a skillet, drain, and place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Cover, cook on low 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
One of the best chilis I have made! Great flavor and thickness was just right. I made 2 changes. Subbed ground turkey for the beef and added 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin because we really like it in chili :) Served with cornbread as suggested.