Originally found in Quick Cooking, but I modified slightly for lower fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups spinach (fresh, baby spinach)
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces feta cheese (or gorganzola)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 5 slices deli ham
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 1Make a lengthwise slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast to within 1/2 inch of the opposite side.
- 2Open chicken so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap.
- 3Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, discard plastic wrap and place a single layer of spinach over chicken.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, feta cheese, basil and pepper; spread over spinach.
- 5Top each chicken breast with a ham slice, trimming if necessary. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 6In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in another bowl.
- 7Dip chicken rolls in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Place seam side down in a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- 8Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 9Discard toothpicks before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavorful Chicken Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.9
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 149.9 mg
- Sodium 977.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 42.5 g