Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Originally found in Quick Cooking, but I modified slightly for lower fat.
Make and share this Flavorful Chicken Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups spinach (fresh, baby spinach)
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces feta cheese (or gorganzola)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 5 slices deli ham
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- Make a lengthwise slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast to within 1/2 inch of the opposite side.
- Open chicken so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap.
- Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, discard plastic wrap and place a single layer of spinach over chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, feta cheese, basil and pepper; spread over spinach.
- Top each chicken breast with a ham slice, trimming if necessary. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip chicken rolls in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Place seam side down in a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.
I originally found this recipe on another web site. I've tried it & loved it. For a variation you can dip the chicken in yogurt vs egg. If you enjoy cordon bleu you should definately give this one a try, it's very yummy!