Recipe by Barb G.
These chicken roll-ups taste as though they came from a fancy French restaurant, but they are so simple to make.
Top Review by The Giggle Box
I cut this recipe in half because we only needed 3. I wish I had made them all so we could have leftovers. My 5 year old was asking me to make this again before dinner was even over. It really was wonderful! Next time, I think that I will use a little more mozzarella (I used very thin slices) and maybe add some shaved ham to it. This really was wonderful - thank you so much for posting this recipe!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 ounce) packagesliced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten (pound) chicken breast to 1/3 inch thickness.
- Place one cheese slice on each piece of chicken; roll up tightly.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Place flour, beaten eggs and bread crumbs in seperate shallow bowls.
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Dip in beaten eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place seam side down in a ungreased 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine the butter and oregano; drizzle over the Chicken.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.