Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
These chicken roll-ups taste as though they came from a fancy French restaurant, but they are so simple to make.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 ounce) packagesliced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Flatten (pound) chicken breast to 1/3 inch thickness.
- Place one cheese slice on each piece of chicken; roll up tightly.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Place flour, beaten eggs and bread crumbs in seperate shallow bowls.
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Dip in beaten eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place seam side down in a ungreased 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine the butter and oregano; drizzle over the Chicken.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.
I cut this recipe in half because we only needed 3. I wish I had made them all so we could have leftovers. My 5 year old was asking me to make this again before dinner was even over. It really was wonderful! Next time, I think that I will use a little more mozzarella (I used very thin slices) and maybe add some shaved ham to it. This really was wonderful - thank you so much for posting this recipe!
I made this last week and really liked it, plus, it was easy! The only changes I made were that I used provolone cheese from the deli instead of mozzarella and that I added three strips of home made roasted red pepper to each one before rolling them up. I prepared my own bread crumbs for this. I made it for a dinner with friends. There were no leftovers so I consider that a hit! I always love a simple recipe for company because I have so many other things to do to prepare. Thanks and bon apetit!
Found this recipe in the tasteofhome mag (best holiday recipes 2007) and thought I'd check to see if was on here before I entered it in myself. Thanks for posting! So yum!!