1/3 Photos of Flavorful and Comforting Chicken Pot Pie
Not just your average pot pie, this dish is full of flavor and so wonderfully comforting on a cold winter night! Add whatever vegetables you have on hand, almost any will do. I served this with a simple salad of soft butter lettuce with a lemon and olive oil vinaigrette and a Pinot Noir in front of the fire! This makes a large, deep dish pie, or two, regular pies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pie crusts, from the grocer's freezer
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon emeril's creole seasoning (or more to taste)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat a large frying pan and add 2-3 TBS of the butter. In a large bowl, toss the bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic, carrots, and potato with Emeril's Creole Seasoning then toss them into the hot butter and saute for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the remaining vegetables, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 4Add the wine and the parsley and let all the liquid evaporate on low heat.
- 5Remove the vegetables and set aside.
- 6Usine the same pan, over med. heat Add the remaining butter and when that is melted whisk in the flour, stirring constantly until all is incorporated.
- 7Slowly add the chicken broth, continue to stir, and then add the cream. This mixture will get thick and creamy.
- 8Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Add the chicken and sauteed vegetables, stir well and remove from the heat.
- 10Spray or butter a casserole dish large enough for the pie, sprinkle with a little flour, and lay the bottom crust, add the chicken mixture, and cover with the top crust.
- 11Pinch the edges all around to seal and cut some slits on top to use as steam escape vents.
- 12Bake for approximately one hour, or until the crust is deep golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavorful and Comforting Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 956.1
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 135.8 mg
- Sodium 942.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 30.2 g