Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can't get those flavored Vodkas. Now you can!
Make and share this Flavored Vodka recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse and dry fruit. Remove the zest (the colored part of the skin, not the white pith underneath) using a vegetable peeler. Add zest to vodka and let steep at room temperature for at least 3 days while inverting once or twice a day to mix flavors.
- Citrus Vodka- Grapefruit/Orange/Mandarin/Tangerine/Lime/Lemon Vodka *** Soak zest (the peel with the white removed) for three hours. Remove peel and chill. You can also add a small amount of grated peel for texture and a drop or two of food coloring.
- Pepper Vodka *** Add 2 tbs crushed peppercorns to the vodka. Let stand overnight. Strain through cheesecloth and chill. Again, you may want to leave some of the pepper in the bottle for effect.
- Anise Vodka *** Add 1 tsp anise seeds to the vodka. Let stand 2 hours. Strain through cheesecloth and chill.
- Fresh Ginger Vodka *** Peel a (1 inch) square piece of fresh ginger. Cut 8 thin slices and then cut them in half. Add them to the vodka and steep from 5 to 10 days. Strain if desired.
- NOTE: In the case of simply flavoring the vodka rather than exposing it to heat, you may want to use a more expensive vodka since these are made for sipping slowly and require a smoother alcohol base.
Can't rate it yet but its made. Update'''''Love the taste ,I have to find or make up a recipe for it.