336 hrs 20 mins
Select from the listed ingredients, mix-n-match to create your own flavorite! Use the freshest & highest quality ingredients you can afford--or raise them in your own garden to be sure of the very best!
My Private Note
-cup bo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups vinegar (white or cider)
Option 1 Herb Vinegar Flavoring
Option 2 Strawberry Vinegar
- 1GENERAL NOTES: All vinegars are corrosive; be sure to use only glass jars; use cork, glass or plastic lids.
- 2After flavors mature, store vinegar in a cool, dark place.
- 3Vinegar will stay fresh & tasty for YEARS, depending on the ingredients used.
- 4TO MAKE HERB VINEGAR: Lightly crush herbs and peeled onion (pieces)- use a mortar & pestle or the flat side of a large knife on a cutting board. Place crushed ingredients in clean glass jar with a WIDE neck.
- 5Slowly heat vinegar until WARM; pour into jar with herbs & onions, filling jar to the top. Seal and place in SUNNY window.
- 6Let vinegar mature for 2 weeks; shake daily & taste periodically (add more spices if necessary; then allow to sit longer).
- 7When vinegar has reached desired taste, filter through cheesecloth layers; pour into clean bottle; add FRESH herbs & spices for decoration and flavor; seal.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavored Vinegars
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: