Use to flavor Coffee, Teas, Cakes, Toast, or use to sugar rims of Champange, Sweet Cocktail or Martini Glasses. To top Muffins or Cookies before going into oven. To make your sweet sauces! Makes great gifts! Give it a try in splenda if you prefer. I am not one for artificial sweetenersbut if you prefer try it I'd love to know what you think.
- 1 vanilla beans or 4 star anise or 3 cinnamon sticks or 3 cloves or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fennel or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1 -2 tablespoon dried herbs (mints, rosemary, lavender you get the idea) or 1 -2 tablespoon orange zest (your favorite citrus, 1/2 inch piece) or 1 -2 tablespoon lemon zest (your favorite citrus, 1/2 inch piece) or 1 -2 tablespoon lime zest (your favorite citrus, 1/2 inch piece)
- 7 cups sugar, about (or try it in splenda)
- Put sugar into Jars.
- Place vanilla bean, Star Anise,Cinnamon sticks, Cloves, Fennel, Cardamon, Citrus Zest and or herbs into Jars.
- You can put individually or mix and match your spices.
- Tightly close and store a week or more.
- Use as you wish!