Recipe by Marlena
I use this recipe because I find cornmeal too bland when cooked with plain water.
Top Review by merron-iru kami
This was absolutely gorgeous! I used white corn meal, fresh thyme leaves, homemade vegetable stock and a really earthy raw goat's milk gouda instead of the parmesan. I plan to bake it and top it with a roasted tomato and mushroom chutney (the polenta is currently cooling in the 'fridge). It tastes sooo good, I had to have a little bowl of it hot, straight out of the pot! Thanks, we'll be making this again!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- olive oil (optional) or butter (optional)
- bottled or homemade pasta sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all cornmeal, broth, and seasoning in a pot and stir brisky, preferably with a whisk. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook until mixture is thick and creamy. Stir in cheese.
- Can be eaten as a mush at this point, otherwise, pour into a casserole dish and chill. When it is solid, cut into slices and fry in butter or oil until browned on both sides. Serve with warmed pasta sauce.