Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
What fun! The kids can help with this. Pep up your hot chocolate, coffee, apple cider, etc. with marshmallow swizzle sticks! You can change the colors to suit the occasion! Adapted from BH&G magazine(December 2008).
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted (confectioner's sugar)
- candy cane (or peppermint candies)
- chocolate sprinkles
- colored hard candies
- red and blue candy sprinkles
- green sprinkles
- flavored colored coarse sugar
- Stir together powdered sugar with water, a teaspoon at a time(3-4 teaspoons total), until it is the consistency of a thin glaze.
- Dip half of marshmallow in glaze, lightly shaking to remove excess.
- Roll glazed end of marshmallows in finely crushed candy canes(or peppermint candies, sprinkles, etc.).
- Place on waxed paper coated side up to set.
- Thread on skewers and serve with drink of choice.
This are cute as a button. I wracked my brain, trying to think of a more creative way for me to use them. I came up with decorating cupcakes! I made different colored marshmallows (red, blue, mixed and sprinkles) and anchored them to cupcakes with a pretzel stick. I would do the anchoring part close to serving time, as the pretzels get soggy pretty quickly. Thanks for sharing a great recipe, Sharon!
Next year I'll be waiting with these for Santa...along with a little mistletoe. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
Oh boy how cute and how much fun to make! I used crushed candy canes and also colored sparkling sugars in blue and red. Served the peppermint one with my cocoa this afternoon and it was such a treat! I'm so glad I tagged this during Sweet Traditions Tag Event.