Recipe by SashasMommy
I was in search of a way to make a flavored frothed milk topping for a hot chocolate gift basket... I had the milk frother, but went through many trials and failures of flavoring the milk and getting it to actually froth. I tried pudding mix, powdered creamers... I think I have found the answer. A little of this flavoring goes a long way -- after it's crushed, 1/8 tsp equals two tablets. The more "stuff" you add to the milk, the less it's going to keep its froth, it will start to dissolve quicker. At least that's my experience with skim milk... whole milk might do better.
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush Flavor Creations tablets and dissolve in 1 tsp hot water.
- Add to cold milk and froth with milk frother, moving frother up and down to get the best froth.
- Spoon on top of hot chocolate or cappucino
- Note: Flavor Creations tablets are distributed by NSI, may be found in the coffee section of the grocery store, and contain no fat, sugar or calories. They come in a handy tin about the size of a Tic-Tac container, and come in various flavors. I use French Vanilla.
- Note: To give as a gift in a hot chocolate gift basket, pour out all the tablets in a ziplock bag, crush them as fine as you can with a rolling pin and then pour back into the tin. Attach instructions to use 1/8 tsp per 1/3 cup milk.