Recipe by WhoKnew?
Some options for your favorite breads, seafoods, sandwiches, and breakfast items! Partially taken from "The Ultimate Cooking Course", 2003.
Top Tweak by mary e h.
#ediblegifts Smokey Tomato & Mustard Butter 1-7.5 oz jar Ghee (clarified butter) 2T sundried tomatoes, bbq flavor- finely julienned 2T stone ground mustard-beer or plain flavored Use for flavoring cooked steak/meats; cheese slices on Hnetanke (Czech) crackers; pepperoni & cheddar filled croissants; homemade, warm sourdough bread. You name it!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons orange juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, and
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup finely ground almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick the butter of your choice (below). Add the additional ingredients and mix well.
- Shape the 1/2 cup of butter, plus added-in ingredients, into small a roll.
- Wrap well with waxed paper. Chill until firm.
- Herb Butter:.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (such as parsley, tarragon, chives, mint, marjoram, etc.) either singly or in combos of 2-3. Add a squeeze of lemon and mix well with butter.
- Mustard Butter:.
- Add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and mix well with butter.
- Citrus Butter:.
- Add 2 teaspoons orange or lime juice, or 1 teaspoon lemon juice, PLUS the grated rind of 1 orange, lime (2, if small) or lemon. Mix well with butter.
- Cilantro-Lime Butter:.
- Add 1 cup loosely-packed minced fresh cilantro leaves to soft butter. Add grated rind and juice of 1 lime. Mix well.
- Garlic Butter:.
- Add 2 finely minced garlic cloves to butter; mix well.
- Tomato Butter:.
- Mix 1 tablespoon tomato paste with softened butter.
- Honey Butter:.
- Add 1/4 cup honey with softened butter; beat in gradually.
- Maple Butter:.
- Add 1/4 cup maple syrup to butter; beat in gradually.
- Almond Butter:.
- Add 1/4 cup finely ground almonds to butter; mix well.