Recipe by Liz The Chef
When in the mood for a veggie burger this is a must!!! Kids loved them and ate every single bit of it. Love to hear what y'all think, leave a comment!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained, I prefer Goya brand
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cornflour (Maseca brand)
- 2⁄3 cup instant oatmeal
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil (I prefer Olive Oil)
- shredded cheese
- corn tortilla
- plain yogurt (Sour Cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the onions, garlic, basil, oregano, cumin, chili powder and eggs in your food processor and chop finely.
- Add the drained beans and the flour and then Pulse for just a few seconds to break the beans but if you like your burger to still have a texture don't over do it.
- Then add the oatmeal and mix w/ a spatula, and let it rest for 5 minutes to let the oatmeal soak all the extra fluid.
- Divide into 6-8 equal portions according to your preferences. And form into patties.
- Heat oil on a pan and fry them.
- Serve on a corn tortilla, topped with Shredded Cheese, salsa and Sour cream with a side of brown rice.