Recipe by Corilayn
Adding a few ingredients to butter (or margarine if you prefer) makes this chicken easy and flavorful. This is the simple basic version, it is completely versatile with alternate herbs and spices. The technique of oven cooking at a lower temp is what makes it fool proof. Over cooking can be forgiving at this temperature, but I try to get it perfect with a meat thermometer :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 whole chicken
- 7 celery ribs
Directions See How It's Made
- Let butter come to room temperature.
- Add first four ingredients and mix well.
- Place celery on baking dish or pan and put whole chicken on top.
- Spread butter mixture evenly over chicken.
- Roast in a 275 degree oven, uncovered, until done, baste if desired.