3 hrs 5 mins
Adding a few ingredients to butter (or margarine if you prefer) makes this chicken easy and flavorful. This is the simple basic version, it is completely versatile with alternate herbs and spices. The technique of oven cooking at a lower temp is what makes it fool proof. Over cooking can be forgiving at this temperature, but I try to get it perfect with a meat thermometer :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Let butter come to room temperature.
- 2Add first four ingredients and mix well.
- 3Place celery on baking dish or pan and put whole chicken on top.
- 4Spread butter mixture evenly over chicken.
- 5Roast in a 275 degree oven, uncovered, until done, baste if desired.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavor Buttered Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.1
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 203.2 mg
- Sodium 329.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 39.0 g