Recipe by dicentra
This is from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. Posting for ZWT3. Flautas is the Spanish word for flute.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can corn, drained
- 72 inches corn tortillas
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup prepared green enchilada sauce, heated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mash beans and their liquid with garlic, cumin, and onion to form a chunky puree. Stir in drained corn.
- Spoon about ¼ cup bean mixture on lower edge of each tortilla and roll up like a fat cigar.
- Preheat oven to 200. Line a baking sheet with a double layer of paper towels.
- In a large frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat to a dept of 1 inch. Fry flautas in batches without crowding, seam side down, turning them carefully with tongs, until crisp 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet to drain. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining flautas.
- Serve hot with warm enchilada sauce for dipping.