This is a super easy thing to make, and my kids absolutly LOVE it!
Make and share this Flautas recipe from Food.com.
- Brown the beef with the garlic, until the beef crumbles. Drain the grease.
- Add the green chilies and tomato sauce and let simmer while stirring. Beef will absorb most of the sauce.
- Spoon some of the mixture into a flour tortilla, add a little cheese on top.
- Roll the tortilla and use a toothpic to keep it closed.
- Fry for about a minute both sides, enough to melt the cheese and brown the tortilla.
- Let cool, and serve with guacamole, sour cream, or salsa.
Very Tasty!! The family loved them.
This is really good! Mine also came out on the fat side. You could double the amount by making them thinner. I did cut the recipe in half due to there being only two of us. I also personalized it my throwing in some chopped onion and sprinkled some cilantro on top before rolling up. I used hot tomato sauce by El Pato, this added a nice spicy taste. Thanks, Mandy N for posting.
These flautas were yummy and pretty easy to make - although I think I made mine a little too fat! No matter - served with salsa and chili-con-queso and they made a very quick and tasty meal!