- 1 lb beef brisket, cooked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, for frying
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat shredded brisket in a skillet with salt, cumin and black/cayenne peppers.
- Make sure spices are well incorporated into the meat.
- Warm corn tortillas in 250 degree oven until soft.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of meat in a line down the middle of each tortilla.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly and secure with a toothpick.
- Fry flautas in hot shortening or oil, turning until all sides are crisp.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, shredded lettuce, and sliced tomato.