Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe got very high reviews on the www.allrecipes.com website. SUBMITTED BY: George Couch "Easy to make, great anytime, and always a favorite." Let's see....I absolutely love chili this time of year. Don't you? :-)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups canned red beans, drained and rinsed
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a large kettle. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
I made this the other night for dinner and it was awsome & so easy!!! I added a can or two of rotel & a jar of HOT Salsa just to give it that little bit extra. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. It made a huge pot, however I had no problems getting rid of it! haha I deffinately recommend this!