Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
A simple delicious flatbread, that delivers all that a flatbread should and more.
- 2 tablespoons heaped plain flour
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Remember 2 tablespoons plain flour to 1 tablespoon of plain yoghurt, makes 2-3 flatbreads (great for a hungry adult 7-8 inches round ish) Add pinck of salt, (if you like it leave out if you don't) add splash of tepid water, this aids rolling out the flatbread dough I find.
- So mix the flour and yoghurt & water in bowl and your done ! Fast mix huh ?.
- Ok divide dough into 2 or 3 bits and roll out onto flour surfice/board into thin patties. I free form the dough and happily roll away making a natural "see where it takes me" shape dough.
- I like that, although for more formal flatbread dining occassions I have be known to use a dinner/side plate as a template and using a rounded blunt knife carved the perfect flatbread round. A match for any a shop aquired imitation !
- Now heat a heavy skillet and cook on high heat for a minute or 2 each side. This bread will bubble up, great !
- Now how quick and easy was this to make ?.
- Have flatbreads with curry, chilli con carne, spag Bol , make food wraps with them , what about adding tomato puree ,cheese and pepperoni and then grill them ? Like little flatbread pizza's , the list of uses goes on and on !
- Tip, if your mix seam a little sticky, worry not. Add flour. This recipe is very forgiving, pat off excess before putting onto hot griddle.
- Cook all fltbreads, sometimes just before serving (And these can be made a few hours in advance and left covered) add some garlic butter and fresh corriander and grill for 30 seconds for wonderful garlic flatbreads !
- Enjoy & listen to your guests go hmmm, hmmm hmmmmm ! ! If you don't like yor guests do not give them the recipe ! :) hehehe -- .