Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
From Italian Cooking & Living magazine
Make and share this Flatbread With Grapes recipe from Food.com.
- Place the flour in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the yeast, salt, and 1/2 cup of the sugar; process to blend.
- With the motor running, add enough warm water to make a soft dough; add 1/4 cup of the olive oil, and process for 45 seconds.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover, and allow it to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Oil a rectangular baking sheet.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work counter.
- Using a rolling pin, roll it out in to a rectangle 1/8" thick.
- Line the baking sheet with the dough (half of it should hang over).
- Spread half of the grapes over it, drizzle with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the sugar.
- Bring the overhanging dough up over the grapes, covering them completely; press lightly to seal.
- Scatter the remaining grapes over the dough; press to make sure they don't roll off.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Let rest for 45 minutes.
- Bake the schiacciata until the dough is golden brown and the grapes are soft and syrupy, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- A dusting of confectioner's sugar is a nice touch.