1/2 Photos of Flatbread Pizza With BBQ Chicken, Gruyere and Caramelized Onion
I love the new flatbreads that make a great low-calorie pizza crust. My grocery chain carries a brand called "FlatOut" in the deli area. If you can't find flatbreads, use a thin pre-baked pizza crust or use pita breads (split in half to make thin rounds). Top with chicken, caramelized red onion and Gruyere for a very fancy treat that is moderate in calories and fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 flat bread (such as "FlatOut", or use 4 pitas, split into 8 thin rounds)
- 8 ounces chicken, cooked, cut in pieces
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoons boursin cheese (cream cheese with herb or garlic seasoning)
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded (or Swiss cheese)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite brand
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Prepare flatbreads - It works best if the flatbreads have dried and crisped a bit before adding pizza toppings. So as my oven is pre-heating, I place the flatbreads on parchment paper and bake them for 5 minutes on each side. After 10 minutes, the flatbread is still soft but it won't get soggy when you bake it with pizza toppings.
- 3While flatbreads are pre-baking, saute sliced red onion in 1 T. oil about 8-10 minutes over MEDIUM heat. Set onions aside.
- 4To assemble - spread each pre-baked flatbread with 1 T. Boursin cheese. Then divide equally red onion, cooked chicken, and shredded Grueyere cheese. Drizzle each pizza with about 1/4 cup BBQ sauce.
- 5Bake 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flatbread Pizza With BBQ Chicken, Gruyere and Caramelized Onion
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.9
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 629.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: