Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This isn't authentic flatbread - it's a cheat. However, it's incredibly easy and quick to make, and it works in a pinch for serving with an Indian meal.
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (I use Grands reduced-fat flaky layer biscuits)
- wax paper
- Between two sheets of wax paper, roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle with a rolling pin or a large soup can. It might be difficult, because the dough is springy, but press kind of hard.
- In a small, nonstick skillet over medium-low to medium heat, cook each biscuit for 60 seconds on each side, or until golden brown.
- DO NOT put any oil in the pan. Cook them in a completely dry pan.
- Stack the bread on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
It is amazing what you can do with canned biscuit dough. This made any easy addition to our work potluck. Made for PAC.