1/2 Photos of Flat (Out) Bread
2 hrs 10 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
I recently purchased a package of Flatout Bread and I'm hooked! Better than sliced bread!!! So, I'm on a quest to duplicate it as closely as possible . . . it'll be perfect for the boat because it's made on the griddle! The possiblities are endless, add fresh herbs, sundried tomatoes . . . yum! This is an adaptation of Martha Stewart's recipe. Total time indicatesd includes rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix together yeast and 3/4 cup water; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Add remaining 1/2 cup water, flour, sugar, salt, and olive oil; mix until a dough is formed.
- 3Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until firm, about 5 minutes. (Or use your Kitchen Aid mixer to knead the dough).
- 4Lightly oil a large bowl and add dough.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place; let rise until dough has doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- 6Divide dough into 8, 2 oz. pieces.
- 7Roll each piece of dough out to an 1/8-inch-thick oblong circle; cover dough with a clean towel.
- 8Heat griddle over high heat and lightly coat with olive oil.
- 9Working with one piece of dough at a time, uncover and add to griddle. Cook flatbread until bubbling and brown, 40 seconds to 1 minute, then turn and continue cooking 20 seconds more.
- 10Remove flatbread from heat; wipe griddle clean.
- 11Repeat process with remaining pieces of dough.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flat (Out) Bread
Serving Size: 1 (720 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.6 g