Recipe by Radivu
Fritattas and Omelets are life savers for the busy work-a-holic. :-) Despite the cholesterol, eggs are a very healthy food. (Since much of the blood-cholesterol levels doesn't come from dietary cholesterol anyway.) If you use frozen veggies this can be on the table in less then 20 minutes. I like serving this with a chunky tomato sauce and a glass of wine.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Originally I'd tagged this recipe to make for breakfast, but it actually was made as part of a supper! I did adjust things a bit since I used a mix of left-over veggies that were in the frig just waiting for this recipe! Made for a very satisfying change from our usual supper! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef] Want to know more about PAC? Click here = http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen broccoli, chopped or 1 1⁄2 cups other frozen vegetables
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium sized oven-proof skillet over medium heat. I use a 10-inch caste iron. When hot add the broccoli. Cook the broccoli until heated through.
- Add 1 Tablespoon oil and the onions. Cook until the onions soften. About 5 minutes. Turn heat down to medium-low.
- Pour the egg over the broccoli so that it is in an even layer. Cook undisturbed until the eggs just set. 5-10 minutes. (I like to cook on the stove 5 minutes and finish under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes. Both methods work just fine).